HPS Simulations today released the latest title in their Civil War Battles series, Campaign Antietam, along with Mexican-American War, a title which should be of some interest to Civil War wargamers. The games are selling initially at an introductory rate of $39.95, but will eventually revert to the standard price of $49.95. Details on Antietam from the HPS site are as follows:
· 199 stand alone scenarios and 164 campaign scenarios
· 3 different campaigns for a varied campaign experience, each also has a “weather variant” to choose from.
· Historical scenarios include: 1st Bull Run, 2nd Bull Run, Antietam, Groveton (Brawner’s Farm), Chantilly, Cedar Mountain and South Mountain
· Dozens of “What if” scenarios: Including meeting engagements, cavalry fights, and equal force battles.
· 39 scenarios specifically designed for a tough challenge against the A/I.
· Many meeting engagements using the new random hex feature. The extreme effects of FOW will be more fully demonstrated.
· Large maps shared from HPS’ classic Campaign Gettysburg.
· Inclusive orders of battle offer unlimited possibilities for user-created scenarios.
Engine changes include:
· Added new Optional Melee Resolution Optional Rule: Units must move and fire before melee.
· Added new Artillery Ammo by Cannon Optional Rule. Each cannon fired will count as one ammo point used.
· Added new Random hex and time for incoming reinforcements. Neither side will know exactly when and where new troops will arrive.
Scenario and Campaign editors are included to allow the player to create their own situations to play out. Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat, PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
Leave a Reply