Mod Name: 122nd Ohio’s Wilderness Maps
Last Updated: Added May 25, 2008
Author: 122nd Ohio
Other NEEDED Mods:
Files to Download:
- Wilderness_MMs.zip (mini-maps with labels)
- Wilderness_OOBs_FM.zip (OOBs to accompany the maps)
Readme File (from the MMG Forums):
The Wilderness maps are done.
There are 2 maps, each covering one of the 2 main fighting areas:
West map covering the area of the battle along the Orange Turnpike, including Saunder’s Field, Grant’s HQ, the Higginson farm, and the Lacy house, or “Ellwood”.
East map covering the area along the Orange plank road and Brock road, including the Widow Tapp farm (Lee’s HQ), Hamilton’s thicket (where Longstreet was wounded), and the unfinished railroad cut.
Some notes about the maps:
1) There are 2 modded sprites used in both maps, so you’ll have to add those to the sprites.csv file for them to show up.
2) When the maps are loading, it may take longer for the tree shadows to be created, this is because of all the woods and thickets.
3) On a historical note, you’ll notice some grave markers at the Lacy house in the West map, Stonewall Jackson’s arm was buried there after Chancellorsville.
Here is the download link:
Copy all except “new sprites” to the TC2M Maps folder, and use War Edit or Notepad to add the “new sprites” data to the TC2M/Data Files/sprites.csv
NEW! Here are some mini-maps with labels, with MarkT’s help:
Here’s a set of Wilderness OOBs, including flag mod versions:
Let me know if there are any problems. I plan on making updated versions with all the breastworks added after the scenarios are done, but that could take a while.
Thanks to Davinci, ADukes, and everyone else who helped me through this whole process.