UPDATE: If you have any issue with the contact form just leave a comment at the bottom of this post indicating your interest and I’ll contact you privately by email.
For those of you who do not know, I run a Siege of Petersburg site which is dedicated to posting as much primary source material on the Siege of Petersburg as possible. I have such a large backlog of Newspaper articles that I can’t hope to possibly transcribe them all. I’m looking for volunteers to transcribe newspaper articles from June 1864-April 1865 from images I’ve collected over time. Please forward this to others if you think they might be interested.
Although I cannot pay anyone directly, I will offer the following for anyone who is thinking about volunteering:
1. Your name will be listed at the top of every article you transcribe.
2. A link to any Civil War site you choose at the top of every article you transcribe.
3. For every 10 articles you successfully transcribe, you may pick one item from my Siege of Petersburg store, which consists of my own transcriptions of Union Ordnance returns and Confederate inspection reports: http://www.beyondthecrater.com/products-page/
4. Obviously you get to keep the images of every article you transcribe.
5. Anything else? I’m willing to make a deal if you think I might have something else you are interested in. I have done a lot of research on the Siege of Petersburg, and I’m always collecting more every day.
If you are interested, please use the contact form at The Siege of Petersburg Online.
The Siege of Petersburg Online
***Check out the Siege of Petersburg Online for daily posts on battle accounts in newspaper articles, diary entries, letters and more!
What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.
Want to read some interesting Civil War content from amateurs and pros alike? Check out the Top 10 Civil War Blogs and Top 10 Civil War Blogs: 11-20.