New TOCWOC Poll: What type of post(s) do you enjoy reading?

by Brett Schulte on February 28, 2009 · 6 comments

I recently installed the WP-Polls WordPress plugin.  This plugin allows the posting of polls in both blog posts and in the sidebar.  In this case, I’ll be posting polls in the top left corner of the left sidebar and I will occasionally add a new one in blog entries like this one.  My first blog poll asks you the reader what type of blog post(s) you enjoy the most.  Feel free to vote either in this blog entry or in the polls area of the left sidebar.  You may choose as many answers as you like.

• (20%, 14 Votes)
  • (19%, 13 Votes)
  • (19%, 13 Votes)
  • (17%, 12 Votes)
  • (14%, 10 Votes)
  • (11%, 8 Votes)

Total Voters: 23

Loading ... Loading ...

I’ve seen polls used by some other blogs I subscribe to, so I hope it will be of some use here.

Did you enjoy this blog entry?  Subscribe to TOCWOC’s RSS feed today!

***

Check out the Siege of Petersburg Online for daily posts on battle accounts in newspaper articles, diary entries, letters and more!

What are your Top 10 Gettysburg Books? See what a panel of bloggers said recently.

Want to read some interesting Civil War content from amateurs and pros alike? Check out the Top 10 Civil War Blogs and Top 10 Civil War Blogs: 11-20.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jim Beeghley February 28, 2009 at 6:49 am

I keep getting a Please Select a Valid Poll Answer error regardless of which one(s) I select.

Jim

admin February 28, 2009 at 9:11 am

Jim,

Interesting, and I’m glad you posted. I’m using this as much to troubleshoot the plugin as for anything else to start. What browser are you using? Also, do you allow cookies in your browser settings? If not, I think this may not work correctly.

Jim Schmidt February 28, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Brett – Polls can be interesting, indeed…I chose an answer but after I pressed “Vote,” it gave me a “please choose a valid answer” pop-up…as another note, it’s not one of the choices on your poll, but my favorite thing on a blog is when the blogger posts original research.

All My Best,

Jim Schmidt

admin February 28, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Jim,

“Original research” is a topic I enjoy reading about too. The blogger here who comes closest to that is Fred Ray. In fact, I think I’ll add that as another choice now.

I hope to one day start looking at the Petersburg Campaign about 1/100th as well as Harry Smeltzer currently does with First Bull Run, but that day is a long ways away.

Jim Beeghley February 28, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Brett,

I’m using Firefox 3 and Safari on my Mac. I get the same answer on both with cookies enabled.

Jim

admin March 1, 2009 at 8:38 am

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I’ll visit the WP-Polls support forum and see if Macs are a problem. I use Firefox 3 all the time so that shouldn’t be an issue.